P&H was founded in 1884 by Alonzo Pawling and Henry Harnischfeger in Waverly, Iowa (US). The cranes for Europe were shipped to Germany and by Harnischfeger GmbH in Dortmunt (DE) assembled. P&H was producing different kind of cranes with telescopic- and lattice boom. In 1988 P&H integrated with PPM on North America. PPM was in 1995 overtaken by the Terex group. Today the name P&H can be see often by big mining machinery.