Weserhütte was founded in 1844 by Albrecht Emil Kuntze and Christian Friedrich Pottharst in the city of Bad Oeynhausen (DE). The iron works was producing
parts for pans and agricultural machines. In 1869 the production of machines and steel constructions for bridges and masts was started. From 1904 the production of excavators
started, the first rigs were moveable by rails. During the second world war were guns and vehicles for the army made. After the second world war there was a large demand on
machines for the reconstruction. The cable excavators became the most important product of the company, that hat over 2,000 employees in the fifties. In 1987 the company
got bankrupt. The largest built cable excavator was the Weserhütte SW 760 with a mass of 295 tonnes.